Recipe by Recipezaar BCP
Who can resist creamy stroganoff coupled with family-pleasing potatoes? Healthy Twist: Shave off a few more calories by substituting ground turkey breast for the ground beef and using skim milk and reduced-fat sour cream. Did you Know: Stroganoff is named after a nineteenth-century Russian diplomat, Count Paul Stroganov.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (5 ounce) package Betty Crocker au gratin potatoes
- 2 cups hot water
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (4 ounce) can Green Giant mushroom pieces and stems, drained
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef and garlic powder in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in Potatoes, Sauce Mix, hot water and milk.
- Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in mushrooms and sour cream; heat just until hot.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft) No changes.