Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from a cookbook called Scandinavian Feasts by Beatrice Ojakangas. According to the author, this recipe is a Scandinavian favorite - each region, and each chef has their own variation. For example, in Southern Sweden, they often add sauteed yellow onion.
- 10 small potatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh herb, finely chopped (dill, parsley, or chives, for example)
- Peel and dice potatoes into 1/2" cubes. Melt butter in heavy skillet. Add potato cubes, and saute until they start to look translucent.
- Pour cream over potatoes, and add salt.
- Blend the ingredients well, and cover. Cook over low heat until the potatoes are soft (about 20 minutes).
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs, and serve hot.
Delicious and decadent! Made with garden potatoes, dill, and onions. Part of one great garden feast tonight! Made for zwt9.
Outstanding!! It got the "Oh WOW mom!" seal of approval. I used some green onion, both while cooking the potatoes and on top. I also garnished it with garlic chives from my garden. The last tweak, was to use light half and half. I will make this again and again! Reviwed for ZWTIII
I'm not a great lover of potatoes but this one certainly gets my vote, even more so because its so easy and such a delicious result!!! Thanks PanNan, lovely recipe, made for ZWT9, Hot Pink Panthers On The Prowl