Being Irish, I do require potatoes as a regular part of my diet. I get tired of the same old thing, though, and this recipe changes things up a bit.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and quarter the potatoes. Place in a saucepan, cover with boiling water, and cook until tender. Drain and shred coarsley with a grater.
- In a bowl, combine shredded potatoes with sour cream, scallions, 2/3 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix well and transfer to a shallow baking dish or pie plate (9-10 inches).
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Dust with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes, or until golden.
- (If you would like to make this ahead of time, just add 10 minutes or so to the baking time if the unbaked potatoes are chilled.).
What a great change from the traditional mashed potatoes we have on christmas! The whole family loved these made exactly as stated! Thanks for posting!
I'm consumed with sheer unadulterated love. No need for a main course. Made for PRMR.