Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Being Irish, I do require potatoes as a regular part of my diet. I get tired of the same old thing, though, and this recipe changes things up a bit.
- 4 medium potatoes
- boiling water, to cover
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and quarter the potatoes. Place in a saucepan, cover with boiling water, and cook until tender. Drain and shred coarsley with a grater.
- In a bowl, combine shredded potatoes with sour cream, scallions, 2/3 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix well and transfer to a shallow baking dish or pie plate (9-10 inches).
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Dust with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes, or until golden.
- (If you would like to make this ahead of time, just add 10 minutes or so to the baking time if the unbaked potatoes are chilled.).