Recipe by MollyJ
This is a recipe that my mom made when we were young. I considered it a treat then, comfort food now. Savory and goes well with things like meat loaf.
Top Review by Always in the kitchen Connie
These were good. Even though the potatoes were completely cooled, they did not shred, they were more like mashed, or crumbled potatoes. I even cooled them completely in the frig. I also only used 4 green onions, not a full bunch, and that was more than enough. More would of been overpowering.
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 1 1⁄4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook (boil) potatoes in jackets until tender.
- Peel and shred.
- Combine shredded potatoes with sour cream, onions, 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, salt and pepper.
- Turn mixture into buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and paprika.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes.