Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Different way to serve roasted potatoes from Paul Gayler in Flavours of the World, potatoes should be the waxy kind and of medium size
- 1 1⁄2 lbs new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 ounce unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Cook the potatoes whole in boiling water until almost tender.
- drain and leave until cool enough to handle.
- carefully take off skin and slice 1/2 inch thick.
- heat oils together in a large fry pan, add potatoes and fry quickly until coloured.
- add the butter and keep tossing the potatoes until golden colour.
- season with nutmeg,salt and fresh ground black pepper, and add parsley, lemon zest, garlic and walnuts and toss gently. serve.
What a nice way to prepare potatoes. Since the potatoes called for were new I didn't remove the peel after boiling and I cut the oils in half to lower the fat content but otherwise followed the recipe. I loved the crunch from the walnuts. Made for Jammin' Java Jivers ZWT5
Nice taste and easy to do. Made for ZWT5 for Cooks with dirty Faces.
These potatoes are some of the best I have eaten. I halved the potatos but kept the rest of the ingredients the same, and after the potatoes were done, i used the leftover garlic, lemon and nuts as a base for a super sauce to go with the chicken i cooked in the same pan. I will post that recipe bc the two were great together.