A nice simple side dish or vegetarian main all cooked in the one pan, add extra vegies if you like, capsicums and mushies go good in this too.
- 750 g potatoes, peeled & cut into chunks
- 60 g butter or 60 g margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled & thinly sliced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- Cook potatoes in boiling water for 15-20 mins or until tender, drain well & set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pan, saute onion & garlic until onion is tender, add peas, zucchinis & carrot and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add potatoes, tomatoes, half the parmesan cheese, lemon juice & seasonings. Cook gently, covered, for 3 mins or until veggies are cooked through.
- Serve sprinkled with remaining parmesan & pine nuts if using.
Made as posted with no extras. Loved it enough to consider making it again. Made for Newest Zaar Tag Game.