Recipe by Brookelynne26
From the Art of the Slow Cooker by Andrew Schloss
Top Review by NorthwestGal
What a wonderful way to dress up potato wedges. I didn't have russets, so I used gold potatoes instead. I used chicken broth, and I thought it (with the seasoned onions) contributed a lot of flavor and made the potatoes so moist and tasty. Thank you for sharing your recipe, Brookelynn26. We really enjoyed this dish.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 6-8 wedges each
- 2 medium onions, halved and cut into thin slices
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken or 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet over med-high heat. Brown the cut sides of to wedges in the hot oil in batches, about 2 minute per side; do not crowd the pan. Transfer the potatoes to a 5-6 quart slow cooker after browning.
- Add the onion to the oil in the skillet and cook over medium heat until tender, about 3 minute Add garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper, and flour, and stir till onion is evenly coated. Add broth and simmer until thickens slightly; pour over potatoes. Cover with folded kitchen towel and top with the lid. Cook 3-4 hours on high, or 6-8 hours on low, until tender. Remove the towel, scatter cheese on top, cover, and cook 3 minute or till cheese melts.