Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Ha Ha Ha...I came across this recipe, and guess what? This is what I always thought was hash browns. No wonder I usually don't like hash browns when ordered out! This recipe calls for pimento, which I looked up and found is not the same as red bell pepper. I have never knowingly seen this ingredient, so I substitute red bell pepper. It is supposed to be a little sweeter.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup onion, minced
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup pimentos or 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, diced
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Place potato cubes in a saucepan and cover with water; salt to taste. Bring to a boil and cook 1 or 2 minutes; drain.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes and cook while stirring and shaking pan (to prevent sticking) until golden, about 10 minutes. Add the onion, salt and pepper, stir. Add green pepper and cook while stirring for about 3 minutes. Add butter and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in pimento, stir, and serve.
I added all the ingredients at one time and it turned out delicious!