Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are soooo yummy. It is automatically expected that I will be bringing this dish to every holiday with my family. I even have to triple the recipe to have enough. I did not include thawing your potatoes in the prep time. You can make them without thawing them first, but they are harder to mix and take longer to cook.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 bag frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated & divided
- Mix the first 4 ingredients together in large mixing bowl.
- Add thawed potatoes and 1 cup of the grated sharp cheddar cheese to mixture and mix together thoroughly.
- Spread into 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle top with remaining cup of cheese and bake at 350 deg.
- for 1 to 1/2 hours.
These were excellent. We loved this recipe. We will be making this one again. Perhaps, on Thanksgiving. Thank you for this wonderful recipe.
What a great way to have potatoes! I did 2 things different however..instead of frozen hashbrowns, I actually used the frozen O'Brien potatoes and I added 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion. This was really a great change of pace, thank you!
Made these last night to rave reviews! It went perfectly with our Easter ham. Thanks!