Recipe by TasteTester
This is an easy-to-make recipe, but the way of forming the potatoes is what makes it different -- I like to serve potatoes this way when having guests over. I usually serve this with a steak and a salad.
- 6 russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. To prepare the potatoes, use the small end of a melon baller to scoop out at least 24 nut-size balls of potato flesh. Heat the butter in an ovenproof pan or skillet and saute the potato balls over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
- Transfer to the oven and roast for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender and golden brown all over. Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with the parsley just before serving.
- ** I don't like to waste the bits of potato that are left after making the potato balls, so I shred them in the food processor and fry them into hash brown patties. I refrigerate them to eat with breakfast in the next day or so; they turn out well when I reheat them in the microwave or in a skillet briefly.