1/6 Photos of Potatoes Like That One Time
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
Having come to California from the Netherlands where the weather wasn't always conducive to grilling, my husband has decided he's now rather fond of the barbecue. One of his previous forays into potato-hood (thinly sliced and grilled in a packet) knocked my socks off, so last night I asked him to make those "potatoes like that one time". Taters are wonderful veggies to grill and take quite kindly to herbs. Here, the method and ingredients result in darker, partially crispy potatoes. Toss some peeled garlic cloves in there for some REAL zammy flavor. ("zammy"?....what the....?)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare the grill/barbecue.
- 2Prepare the foil container to resemble the approximate size and shape of an opened laptop computer.
- 3Scrub potato well and pat dry. Cut crosswise into 1/8" slices and arrange them in a single layer on the "keyboard" side of your foil laptop.
- 4Sprinkle with hickory salt, pepper and onion flakes, and lay the rosemary sprigs on top.
- 5Drizzle with olive oil and piece/distribute the butter here and there.
- 6Close your laptop and seal the edges well. You want to steam them first, so make sure it’s an air-tight seal.
- 7Grill over direct heat for 15 minutes.
- 8Very gently flip the packet over, cut a few small slits in top to allow steam to escape, and continue grilling for an additional 8 minutes or so.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potatoes Like That One Time
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.0
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.1 mg
- Sodium 236.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hickory smoke salt