Recipe by TasteTester
I found this recipe in 365 Ways to Cook Vegetarian. Potatoes with artichokes, mozzarella cheese -- sounds good! I haven't made it yet, but it's on my list of recipes to try.
Top Review by anme
This is a great way to jazz up potatoes. I used homemade hashbrowns that had frozen instead of the packaged kind. I scaled this down and I made these in little ramkeins for single serving side dishes. Very good recipe!
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (24 ounce) package o'brien frozen potatoes, with onion and bell peppers, thawed
- 1 tablespoon diced sun-dried tomato
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drain artichoke hearts, reserving marinade. Coarsely dice artichokes.
- In a large frying pan, heat artichoke marinade over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in potatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, and diced artichoke hearts. Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes. Stir in salt, cayenne, mozzarella and egg. Scrape potato mixture into a generously greased shallow 2-quart baking dish. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until potatoes are tender and casserole is piping hot. Remove foil and bake until lightly browned on top, 8 to 10 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.