Recipe by yooper
This is a nice departure from scalloped or mashed spuds!
Top Review by Mirj
Roasted comfort food! Absolutely delicious and sinful, and so not on my diet! When you go off your diet you should ask if what you are about to eat is worth it. These potatoes most definitely are! Just added a dash of paprika for color. Maybe next time I'll try it with smoked paprika, should be great!
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Peel and slice potatoes in 1/4-inch slices.
- Oil a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish.
- Combine two cheese, reserving some for topping.
- Arrange potatoes, tomatoes and onion slices in layers; sprinkle each layer with cheese and seasonings.
- dot with butter and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for an additional 20 minutes.