Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a nice departure from scalloped or mashed spuds!
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Peel and slice potatoes in 1/4-inch slices.
- Oil a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish.
- Combine two cheese, reserving some for topping.
- Arrange potatoes, tomatoes and onion slices in layers; sprinkle each layer with cheese and seasonings.
- dot with butter and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
Roasted comfort food! Absolutely delicious and sinful, and so not on my diet! When you go off your diet you should ask if what you are about to eat is worth it. These potatoes most definitely are! Just added a dash of paprika for color. Maybe next time I'll try it with smoked paprika, should be great!
This is a GREAT tasting potato. We loved the tomatoes and onion with it and it is very easy to prepare. Simple ingredients that produce real comfort food at its best. This was a big hit and I can't wait to make them again. Thanks for sharing, Yooper.
I don't know what went wrong with this recipe for me, but I cooked it the entire time and my potatoes, although done, were still hard. I liked the taste, so I will try it again with a different type of potato.