Recipe by Anu
These yummy potatoes go very well with hot rotis, nan, steamed rice, or garlic bread. You might need to adjust the amount of chilli powder and chillies to suit your taste, because it is a moderately spicy dish.
- 1 lb potato, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain yogurt (or curd)
- 2 green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or ghee)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- coriander, chopped (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a skillet on medium heat and heat the oil/ghee in it.
- When heated, add the minced ginger, and then the chopped onion.
- Saute for a minute.
- Add the potato cubes and fry for a while.
- Reduce the flame to low, cover the skillet, and cook until the potatoes are tender.
- Once potatoes are done, uncover the skillet and add the whole green chillies, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the yogurt/curds to the potato mix, and then add the water.
- Mix well and bring it to a boil.
- Remove from the flame and garnish with the corriander.
- Serve hot.