Recipe by Nisha
we usually have drumsticks and potatoes in this gravy...but this tastes better...preparation time includes the time taken to boil the potatoes (approx.)
- 2 large potatoes, skinned and quartered
- 1 cup curds
- 2 tablespoons besan flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 6 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon green chili paste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground peanuts
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- add enough water to the potatoes and boil them until soft.
- let it cool do not drain the excess water.
- in a wok heat oil and add the cumin seed .
- when it splutters add the curry leaves and the chopped tomatoes.
- When the tomatoes are done add the green chili paste, coriander powder and the red chili powder.
- Fry for a minute.
- Add in the sugar, peanut powder and gram flour. Stir and gently beat in the curd.
- Add salt and the potatoes with the water. Boil until the gravy is thick.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with thin chapattis.