Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an Iftar special from the Foodcourt column, Weekend. Very nice and easy recipe!
- 4 medium potatoes, boiled in salt water until tender
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, washed and chopped
For Tahini sauce
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 cup tahini
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- Crush the garlic with a little salt in a bowl.
- Slowly add the Tahini paste and beat well.
- Add a little water at a time, alternating with lemon juice and keep beating.
- The consistency should be medium thick.
- Add salt to taste.
- You should have an overall tangy taste.
- Mix the chopped parsley and blend well with the Tahini sauce.
- Peel the potatoes and dice into a serving bowl.
- Pour enough Tahini sauce to generously cover the potatoes.
- Serve immediately.
This is a very good recipe .. I added buttermilk instead of water because I find the taste of tahini overpowering .. thanks Char ..