Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
One of the most versatile foods is the potato. You can never have enough potato recipes. This one is for the more grown up palate
- 6 medium potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 large onion, thin sliced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups Guinness stout
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- preheat oven to 350 degress and butter a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- wash potatoes but don't peel them. thinly slice potatoes and layer with sliced onions and half the bacon in the baking dish.
- add salt and pepper to each layer and dot with butter.
- pour beer over potatoes. cover and and for 30 minutes.
- remove dish from the oven. uncover and pour the heavy cream and bake uncovered for 30 more minutes.
- chop chives and top dish along with paprkia and remaining bacon.