Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
Potatoes in a red wine tomato sauce. Tasty and delicious.
- 2 (4 lb) kg baby potatoes
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced chili
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 1 can chopped roma tomato
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to moderate heat.
- Place potatoes in baking dish and drizzle with half oil and sprinkle with rosemary and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 50 minutes, shaking dish regularly, or until potatoes are crisp and golden.
- While potatoes are baking, prepare sauce.
- Heat remaining oil in pan, adding garlic, onion and chilli, cook over medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and cook for 3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add can tomatoes, wine, vinegar and sugar.
- Bring to boil, stirring.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes, or until thick.
- Season to taste and add parsley.
- Place potatoes in serving bowl and pour sauce over top.