Recipe by carolinajen4
Tasty little appetizer I got from a cookbook my husband bought me called 'Potatoes Mashed and More'. I plan on making these for me and my sister's little Oscar Party.
- 12 small new potatoes, scrubbed but unpeeled
- 12 slices prosciutto, very thin slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10-15 minutes, or until tender. Drain well and allow to cool.
- Roll each cooked potato in a slice of proscuitto, patting with your hands to mold the ham to the shape of the potato.
- Preheat the oven to 400. Brush a roasting pan with the oil. Add the ham-wrapped potatoes and bake for 20 minutes. Keep an eye on the potatoes while they are cooking, as they may need turning or moving around-often the ones on the edge get more color than the ones in the middle.
- Serve the potatoes sprinkled with sea salt.