Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy nice combination.
- 2 medium red potatoes, cooked and sliced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) cancut green beans, no salt added - drained
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt and pepper
- In a frypan, heat oil, cook onions and potatoes over medium high heat until golden.
- Add beans.
- Combine vinegar, sugar, mustard and 2 tablespoons water.
- Pour over bean mixture.
- Cook until moisture is almost gone, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with parsley.
Hubby and I are on the fence about this one. We think it's good, but we can't decide if we think it's great... I agree with others who said it tastes a bit like a German potato salad. I cooked one of the large Costco potatoes in the microwave, then sliced and fried that with some onion powder, since I'm out of fresh. The liquid gets absorbed/ cooked out fairly quickly, so this is a quick, easy side dish. Thanks for sharing!
Excellent! My hubby loved these and so did I. Very reminiscent of German Potato Salad, which we happen to love. I used frozen green beans and steamed them in the microwave a bit before adding them to the potatoes and onions. I do NOT use canned vegetables of any sort - only fresh or frozen. I also substituted the sugar for Splenda.
This is a great vegetable dish. The dressing reminds me of that on German potato salad. This would go great with smoked kielbasa. Very quick and easy to make. I used fresh green beans. Thanks Derf!