Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quite different potato dish, cheesy and rich. Great with pork entrees.
- 4 red potatoes, peeled & sliced
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- Saute potatoes in margarine 10 minutes.
- Place remaining ingredients in the blender (except wine) process until smooth.
- Pour mixture over potatoes in skillet.
- Cover and cook on low 5 minutes.
- Stir in wine and cook about 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
A very interesting recipe. It is certainly quite a different flavor! I found that I had to cook the potatoes longer than the recipe shows, but it was good. The guys liked it a little better than I did. I'll make it again. I doubled the cheese, flour, sugar, wine because I seemed to have a lot of potatoes but next time I wouldn't do that. Thus the sauce was, I think, a little too thick. My mistake; I usually don't make any changes the first time I try a recipe. I can see possibly changing the cheese used for others; have you tried? Maybe Swiss? Thanks for posting. Janet