Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A wonderful Au Gratin potato dish baked with real cream, sharp cheddar cheese, and onions.
Make and share this Potatoes Gratin recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a casserole dish with the unsalted butter.
- NOTE: To prevent browning of the potatoes, you may place them in a bowl of water.
- Begin by making a layer of potatoes, placing side by side and overlapping. Top with a small amount of salt, pepper, and cheese, followed by cream just to cover the layer.
- Repeat until all potatoes and onions have been used. Cover final layer with salt, pepper, and cheese, followed by just enough cream to cover the potatoes.
- Bake in the oven uncovered for 45 minutes or until dish is bubbly and the top is golden brown.
- OPTIONAL: You may top the dish with crumbled Ritz crackers or seasoned bread crumbs.
A little to plain in flavor, and way to much cream. My Three Chefs.