Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a quick, easy and flavorful recipe for a delectable looking side dish. I use frozen grated potatoes (thawed) to save time.
- Boil potatoes in skins and cool, peel and grate.
- Combine with 4 Tblsp butter, melted
- Stir in cheese until almost melted.
- Blend with rest of the ingredients.
- Put in a 2 quart pan sprayed with cooking oil.
- Dot the top with 2 Tblsp butter.
- Cover and bake at 300 about 25 minutes.
This is a great way to make potatoes. This is the same recipe my Aunt Jane gave my mom many years ago - it was always a hit at family gatherings. I always take the lazy way and use ore ida frozen hash browns - about 7 bricks does it for me. The only other thing I do differently is saute regular yellow onions (instead of scallions) in with the butter and then melt the cheese with it. Like the other reviewer, I also use a 350 oven. Adding a few slices of chopped canadian bacon is a nice option. This is substantial enough, I usually make it as a main dish, and sprinkle lots of paprika on top.
We have this every year for Thanksgiving!! It's a fantastic recipe.
These potatoes are sure to please everyone. I used thawed shredded hashbrowns..... that was a huge timesaver. I used light sour cream and some extra green onions. I'll use this recipe again. Thanx for posting it!