Recipe by MA HIKER
This is from my much loved Silver Palate cookbook. These are delicious with a strong garlic flavor. They are good both hot & cold. I've typed the recipe as written in the cookbook with notes by me in parentheses. I've made this so many times I've changed it a bit (original has too much oil for my taste). This always gets great raves when I serve it!
- 5 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes (I've used regular sized red potatoes and just cut twice later in recipe)
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil, best quality (I use about half this)
- 1⁄4 cup mint, stems removed & leaves finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scrub potatoes and prick each one about 6 times with a fork.
- Place in a shallow roasting pan (that has been sprayed with cooking oil) and roast for 2 hours. (I also spray the top of the potatoes - have used spray olive oil too).
- When you remove from the oven, cut each potato in half (or in quarters if using the regular size potatoes) and put into a large mixing bowl.
- Toss the potatoes with the garlic, oil (I just pour this on - enough so it looks right -- ), mint, salt and pepper to taste. Let stand for 30 minutes before serving.