From Fine Cooking, April/May 2004. Easy potato recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim potatoes of any eye or damaged areas and wash in cold water.
- 2Arrange as many potatoes as you can in one layer in a 10 inch non stick skillet.
- 3(there should be a little room to spare).
- 4Add the rosemary, broth, oil, butter and kosher salt.
- 5Bring to boil over high hear.
- 6Reduce heat to medium, cover the pan but leave the lid a little ajar and boil until the potatoes are fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- 7The liquid should still halfway surround the potatoes; if it doesn't, add more broth or water until it does.
- 8Remove the pan from the heat and press on each potato with a spoon or metal measuring cup just until it cracks open.
- 9Set the pan over medium high heat and cook, uncovered until all the liquid has evaporated and the potatoes have browned on one side, about 10 minutes.
- 10Gently turn the potatoes and brown the other side, another 4-5 minutes.
- 11Remove the pan from the heat and let the potatoes rest for 5 minutes before transferring to a serving platter.
- 12Sprinkle with chives and serve immediately, passing the sea salt so diners can sprinkle on if they want.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potatoes Fondantes
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.1
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 818.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: