Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Hollowed potato jackets are filled with sautéed onion, mushroom, potato, and a few seasonings, then baked. This makes a pretty presentation, as well as a delicious dish that is eminently satisfying.
- 6 large potatoes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Wash potatoes thoroughly. Cut a thin slice from top of each potato. Carefully scoop out potato without harming skin, leaving a 1/2-inch shell. Place shells in a large bowl. Cover with water until needed. Finely chop scooped-out potato.
- In a large skillet, cook chopped potato until slightly tender. Add onion and mushrooms and sauté in hot butter until onion is tender. Stir in flour, parsley, salt, pepper, and paprika. Cook until golden. Add milk; cook until slightly thickened. Stir in mayonnaise.
- Drain potato shells and fill with cooked potato mixture. Place in shallow baking pan. Bake potatoes, uncovered, at 450°F oven for 35 minutes or until potato shells are tender.