Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Quick, yummy potato casserole
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 lbs frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups cheese, shredded
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes (dry breakfast cereal)
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- Mix sour cream, soup, salt, potatoes, onion and cheese well.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Sprinkle with corn flake crumbs and drizzle with butter.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F.
- ,oven for 45 minutes, or until brown and bubbly.
- Recipe from: Home On The Range Cookbook, Sentinel Butter, ND.
Joanie, we really liked this recipe very much! This potato recipe actually makes 8 servings.My Dh and I had it 3 evenings in a row-- and still had some left over.I am going to try to scale it down the next time.I think this recipe is a good large family side dish. I will serve it to company as well. Thanks for sharing:0)
I liked this okay,but didn't like the texture of the hash browns. Next time I will use thin slices of potato instead.
This is a great recipe, however because of the sodium content I had to make adjustments. I did not add salt, used unsalted butter and low salt home made cream of chicken soup. I am allowed 1500mg of sodium a day so this would exceed my entire limit. I wonder, however if thisnnutritional value is accurate. I will calculate it by hand and let you know since I'm sure it would be better with some salt.