Recipe by Joanie Grow
Quick, yummy potato casserole
Top Review by Chef 920429
Joanie, we really liked this recipe very much! This potato recipe actually makes 8 servings.My Dh and I had it 3 evenings in a row-- and still had some left over.I am going to try to scale it down the next time.I think this recipe is a good large family side dish. I will serve it to company as well. Thanks for sharing:0)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 lbs frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups cheese, shredded
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes (dry breakfast cereal)
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sour cream, soup, salt, potatoes, onion and cheese well.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Sprinkle with corn flake crumbs and drizzle with butter.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F.
- ,oven for 45 minutes, or until brown and bubbly.
- Recipe from: Home On The Range Cookbook, Sentinel Butter, ND.