Recipe by Pierre Dance
This one is so simple and easy it's almost embarrassing. It comes from Georgia, not the one in the southern US but the one south of Russia. A very common spice blend of the region is called Svaneti Salt. It is used in all manner of soups and stews. It is a rub for every sort of roasted meat, beef, pork, lamb, goat, chicken, fish, what have you. It changes simple vegetable dishes into works of art. www.worldspice.com sells the blend. Give it a shot, you won't regret it!
- 6 -8 small red potatoes, skin on,scrubbed with a stainless steel pot scribber
- extra virgin olive oil, in a pump-up sprayer
- 1 tablespoon svaneti salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut the potatoes into 1/8th wedges.
- Arrange the wedges skin side down on a cookie sheet.
- Spray or brush with olive oil.
- sprinkle generously with Svaneti salt.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Think very CRISPY!
- Goes well with almost everything, beast, fish, or fowl.
- A good hardy red table wine and the rest of the evening seems to take care of itself.