Recipe by Christmas Carol
I can't wait to make these! I adore Queso--creamy, cheesy, spicy--what's not to love? I especially like the inclusion of pimento, which really adds zip to any Queso dip or sauce. If you haven't tried it, here's your chance!
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 ounces diced pimentos, drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno peppers (seeds removed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 -8 medium potatoes, scrubbed and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over low heat. Add flour, whisking until smooth. Cook for 1 minute. Gradually add milk and cook until thickened. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the cheese. Remove from heat and stir until the cheese is melted. Add pimento, green chilies, jalapeno, and salt, stirring well. Place half of the potatoes in a greased 2 quart baking dish. Top with half of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove cover and continue baking for 40 minutes. Top with remaining cheese and bake 5 minutes more. Serve as a side dish to Mexican-inspired meat entrees.