Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
A taste of Mexican flavor combined with your favorite hash browns makes this recipe a delicious twist on the standard breakfast fare. Video Instructions: http://www.rhodesbread.com/recipes/view/1688
- 9 rhodes dinner rolls or 6 rhodes texas rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 4 cups shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 10 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- taco sauce, salsa or sour cream, if desired
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine rolls together and roll into a 13-inch circle or 10x14-inch rectangle.
- Place in a sprayed 12-inch deep dish pizza pan or 9x13-inch pan and cover with sprayed plastic wrap. Let rise 15 minutes.
- Remove wrap and poke with fork several times to prevent bubbles from forming.
- Bake at 350°F 12 minutes.
- While crust is baking, in a large frying pan brown potatoes and onions in butter. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread chilies and sour cream on top of potatoes and mix together.
- In another frying pan, scramble eggs until just barely set. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Then, layer eggs on baked crust followed by potato mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese and cilantro on top. Bake at 350°F 10 more minutes.
- Serve warm with taco sauce or salsa and sour cream, if desired.