Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted by request. Original recipe found in the Ball Blue Book of Canning
- Leave smal potatoes whole, cut large potatoes into quarters.
- In a large saucepan add potatoes and enough water to cover.
- Cover pot and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes.
- Pack hot potatoes into a hot sterile quart jar.
- Add salt if using.
- Ladle boiling water over potatoes-leave 1 inch head space.
- Remove air bubbles.
- Wipe rims and adjust 2 piece caps.
- Process quarts 40 minutes at 10 pounds pressure in a steam-pressure canner.
- This recipe is for a single quart-you can make as many as you wish.
- If you prefer pints use 1/2 t salt per pint and process 35 minutes at 10 pounds pressure in a steam-pressure canner.
- Adjust times for your altitude.
sorry, but I did two batches of these and I found them tough... for lack of a better word... Though on the bright side my 89 and 91 year old in laws count on me to provide them with canning, vegs and beef ect,... the really liked it! It must be an acquired taste. For me a 2 for them a 4 so we will average it out. Thank youfor posting this, it made them happy that I could share with them... For that alone it should be 5 stars! Thank you DiBi. Marmie