Posted by request. Original recipe found in the Ball Blue Book of Canning
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Leave smal potatoes whole, cut large potatoes into quarters.
- 2In a large saucepan add potatoes and enough water to cover.
- 3Cover pot and bring to a boil.
- 4Boil for 10 minutes.
- 5Drain potatoes.
- 6Pack hot potatoes into a hot sterile quart jar.
- 7Add salt if using.
- 8Ladle boiling water over potatoes-leave 1 inch head space.
- 9Remove air bubbles.
- 10Wipe rims and adjust 2 piece caps.
- 11Process quarts 40 minutes at 10 pounds pressure in a steam-pressure canner.
- 12This recipe is for a single quart-you can make as many as you wish.
- 13If you prefer pints use 1/2 t salt per pint and process 35 minutes at 10 pounds pressure in a steam-pressure canner.
- 14Adjust times for your altitude.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potatoes-canning Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (2553 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1048.7
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 105.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 237.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 29.9 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 27.5 g