Recipe by JustJanS
Pommes de Terre au Saffron The potatoes should be peeled and "turned" which is easiest done from top to bottom, so you get an attractive egg shape. I have a turning knife to do this, but you can do it with any old veggie knife ;-)
- 1 teaspoon saffron thread
- 1⁄8 teaspoon powdered saffron
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 18 small potatoes (peeled and turned-see description above)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 160°C or 325°F.
- Bring the chicken stock to the boil in a flame proof casserole, add the saffrons and infuse to a strong orange colour.
- Place in the oven and simmer the potatoes for about 45 minutes or until tender.
- Season with pepper and serve.