Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from Delia Smith's Complete Cookery Course. It is easy, will stand in a warm oven for quite some time if things are running late, and goes with anything from salad to roast beef!
- Pre-heat oven to gas 4 or 180c.
- Grease with butter an oblong roasting tin, or a wide shallow dish.
- Peel potatoes and slice thinly into rounds.
- Finely chop onion.
- Arrange a layer of potato on base of dish, sprinkle with onion, and salt and pepper.
- Continue until all is used up, ending with potato.
- Pour over the stock and milk, then dot with butter.
- Place in the hottest part of the oven for 45-50 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked and the top golden and crunchy.
- For a change used chopped leek as well as or instead of onion.
Thank you for sharing this awesome potatoe dish Mexy. My Dh declared these were the best potatoes he has ever eaten. These very tender and very tasty potatoes just melt in your mouth.