Recipe by love4culinary
This is a delicious dish to serve warm or at room temp. Its a nice way to dress up any meal! It can easily be halved or doubled! This is even great to serve as a meal for people who dont like large meals :-)
Top Review by Denise Nachtigal
I really didn't care for this recipe much. It was easy to make, but much to "pesto-y" for my liking. I didn't think the pasta and the potatos went well together either. Sorry.
- 2 red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 8 ounces cavatappi pasta or 8 ounces any other small tubular pasta
- 8 ounces trimmed and halved green beans (you can also use broccoli florets!)
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place your potato cubes in a large pot of water and bring it to a boil.
- Add one tablespoon of salt and your pasta, and return to a boil and cook 2 mins.
- Add your green beans (or broccoli) and return to a boil.
- Allow to cook until vegetables are tender and pasta is al dente, approximately 6-7 minutes.
- Drain and toss with your pesto.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve warm, or even at room temperature.