Recipe by jcgaunett
This is a delicious adaption from the Junior League of Houston "Stop and Smell the Rosemary." My family likes this as-is but you could add some minced onion and parsley.
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled,halved,and sliced very thin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese or 4 ounces quality swiss cheese, shredded or sliced thin
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded or sliced thin
- 8 ounces chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Grease 8 by 8 baking dish.
- Toss potatoes with salt, pepper, nutmeg.
- Layer potatoes in dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Repeat layers ending with potatoes.
- Cover with broth and dot with butter.
- Bake uncovered 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 1 hour, or until top is golden and crusty.
- Serve immediately.