Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
A rich dish I prepare only on special occasions. My family wishes it were more often, so they gobble it quickly. I use a food processor to shred the potatoes, your Prep time will be longer using a shredder.
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 lbs baking potatoes, peeled, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In a shallow 2 quart baking dish, brush melted butter and minced garlic on bottom and sides.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine potatoes through pepper, hand mixing well.
- In another bowl combine cheeses.
- Spread half the potato mixture into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half of the cheeses over that.
- Layer with remaining potatoes and cheeses.
- Pour cream over top.
- Cover dish with foil.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Remove foil.
- Bake uncovered 15- 20 minutes more.
My family loved these potatoes. They were so simple to prepare and cook. The flavor was fantastic! I will admit that I took a shortcut. I used a 1 lb. 14 ounce bag of frozen shredded potatoes. I thawed them first and followed the instructions exactly. Peachez we thank you for sharing this tasty dish!