Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are a very cheesy Au Gratin potatoes. This is the way my mother-in-law made them. I've made them this way for 55 years. We really don't have a recipe. We just make them. It is easy to do in large the amount.
- 5 potatoes, sliced thin
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated Velveeta cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- Slice potatoes.
- Put into buttered casserole dish.
- Add cheeses, milk, salt and pepper.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake in 350° oven until potatoes are done.
I love cheesy potatoes and this really hit the spot. I added some chopped onions only because I wanted to use them up. Thanks again Barbara for another tasty dish! :-)
Made these to go with t-bones for BF's B-Day. Everyone loved them. They were easy to prepare and very tasty. Great leftover the next day too!
I absolutly loved these potatoes!! They were so creamy and cheesy! Next time i will add some sliced onion for a bit of a "kick". Thanks for posting!!