Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious & creamy hashbrown casserole.
- 2 lbs frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Place hash browns in a 13x9x2" greased baking dish. Mix remaining.
- ingredients, except bread crumbs and butter; pour over potatoes. Cover.
- with bread crumbs & top with melted butter. Bake at 325* for 1 hour.
- Serves 8 - 10.
Absolutely delicious!! I made a mistake by not thoroughly reading the recipe before mixing it up, so it ended up all being mixed together with no crunchy topping on it, but it was FABULOUS! Definitely will make this again!
Delicious and filling, enjoyed even by DD14 who doesn't like onions. A great companion to a good steak. Went together easily and baked just right in the time specified. Made for OZ/NZ swap 15, April 2008.