Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
my husband requests this for special occasions
- 3 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, sliced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, fresh, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fat free chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Cook bacon in skillet till crisp --
- Remove bacon from pan, cool and crumble.reserve 2 tbls drippings.set aside.
- Add onion, pepper and garlic to pan.saute 3 minutes or tender.add oion mixture to bacon.add reserved drippings to pan.
- Arrange 1/3 potato slices in single layer in pan.
- Sprinkle with 2 tbls fresh romano cheese, grated --
- Repeat layers, sprinkle with 2 tbls cheese.
- Pour chicken broth over potatoes.cover pan with foil.
- Bake at 375* for 45 minutes or tender.
- Remove pan from oven and cool 20 minutes and invert and serve.