Prep 30 mins
Cook 27 mins
This is DEFINITELY not for those counting cals or who are on a diet;) This is for those who can eat all they like, and still look good and feel great. Ah, someday, I will, too :)
- 4 potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1⁄2 cup tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 cup cashews (soaked for 4 hours)
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- oil, to deep fry
- Deep fry the potatoes in oil till done.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Saute the onions in it till transparent.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato puree, salt, chilli and turmeric powder.
- Stir till the puree boils.
- Add the peas and potatoes.
- Grind cashewnuts and add to the gravy.
- Simmer till the gravy becomes thick.
- Serve with hot rotis (Indian flatbreads) or puris.