Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this recipe on Worldcooks.net for recipes of the Netherlands. Posting for ZWT6, so untried by me as of yet. Sounds yummy!! It doesn't state how to cook the potatoes, after peeling, for 15 minutes, but I am assuming that you boil the potatoes for 15 minutes, then cool and slice.
- 8 potatoes, peeled and cooked 15 minutes
- 3 onions, cleaned and sliced
- 29.58 ml flour
- 236.59 ml beer
- 29.58 ml butter
- salt and pepper
- Slice the potatoes.
- Fry the onions three minutes in the hot butter, add the potatoes and fry 5 minutes more.
- Take the potatoes and onions out and put them on a plate.
- Stir the flour into the hot butter and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the beer and bring to the boil.
- Pour this sauce over the potatoes.
These potatoes were lovely! I only changed the recipe slightly by baking the layered potatoes in the oven once I had poured over the beer (about 3/4 cup) so they cooked a bit like french boulangere potatoes. So tasty! Thanks Lynn, made for ZWT6 Ya Ya's!
This was so-so for me, but Mr Grumpy liked them, so I am splitting the difference. I may have cooked the sauce a touch too long, it did not really pour over - or I should have added more beer. I will probably make it again, play around a little bit.