1/1 Photo of Potatoes and Onions
1 hr 10 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
This is a good casserole, a meal by its self or a side dish. The recipe comes from Gourmet Foods.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Butter a heat-resisting pan and strew with bread crumbs.
- 3Cover the bottom of the pan with 3 peeled and thinly sliced potatoes.
- 4Wet them with a coffee-cup of milk.
- 5Add half sliced onion, salt, pepper, a little nutmeg and a pinch of rosemary.
- 6Add 3/4 of the grated parmesan cheese.
- 7Add ham or mortadella.
- 8Cover with 3 1/2 ounces of Gruyere cheese.
- 9Now cover with the remaining 3 sliced potatoes.
- 10Add 1 coffee-cup of milk, the remaining half of sliced onion.
- 11Add the rest of parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and rosemary.
- 12Sprinkle with a little bread crumbs.
- 13Put pieces of butter on top.
- 14Bake for about 50 minutes or until potatoes are done and top is golden.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potatoes and Onions
Serving Size: 1 (545 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 630.7
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 98.8 mg
- Sodium 810.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 27.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: