Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a good casserole, a meal by its self or a side dish. The recipe comes from Gourmet Foods.
Make and share this Potatoes and Onions recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a heat-resisting pan and strew with bread crumbs.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with 3 peeled and thinly sliced potatoes.
- Wet them with a coffee-cup of milk.
- Add half sliced onion, salt, pepper, a little nutmeg and a pinch of rosemary.
- Add 3/4 of the grated parmesan cheese.
- Add ham or mortadella.
- Cover with 3 1/2 ounces of Gruyere cheese.
- Now cover with the remaining 3 sliced potatoes.
- Add 1 coffee-cup of milk, the remaining half of sliced onion.
- Add the rest of parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Sprinkle with a little bread crumbs.
- Put pieces of butter on top.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until potatoes are done and top is golden.
This is a potato dish that is bursting with flavor! It was easy to prepare and used ingredints I keep on hand. I did not add any ham. Thanks for charing Barbara in Sonora!
These are so very very good. I love it.
I made this for a friend who just had a baby and her family raved about how wonderful it was :) Thanks for sharing!