1 hr 25 mins
Our Friend Julie gave me this recipe a few years ago, she told me she found it online and changed it just enough to suit her family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the mushrooms in a small bowl filled with warm water.
- 2Soak the mushrooms for about 30 minutes until softened.
- 3Drain, chop coarsely and set aside.
- 4Slice the potatoes very thin and place in a container.
- 5Fill with water until the potatoes are covered.
- 6Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 7Place the butter in skillet and turn heat to medium.
- 8When the butter starts foaming, add mushrooms, soaked wild mushrooms, and thyme.
- 9Saute until the mushrooms are tender and the liquid is evaporated.
- 10Add salt and pepper.
- 11In a bowl mash the blue cheese until smooth.
- 12Add the cream and mix to dissolve the cheese.
- 13Spread the bottom of a baking dish with a little butter.
- 14Place one third of the potatoes in the bottom of the baking dish.
- 15Spread evenly half of the mushrooms on the potatoes.
- 16Add a layer with half of the remaining potatoes, a spread on top the remaining mushrooms.
- 17Top with the remaining potatoes.
- 18Pour the cream mixture on top of the potatoes.
- 19Top evenly with the grated parmigiano cheese.
- 20Bake for about 45 minutes until the potatoes are tender, the cream is absorbed and the surface is golden.
- 21Serve hot spooning from the dish.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potatoes and Mushroom Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.1
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.1 g
- Saturated Fat 24.4 g
- Cholesterol 133.8 mg
- Sodium 423.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 13.4 g