I Cook Therefore I Am's Note:
This is a recipe from rickbayless.com. The descriptions says: "This tasty side dish also makes a great taco filling." Posting for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Simmer the potatoes in salted water to cover until tender, about 15 minutes.
- 2Drain and cool under running water, peeld and cut into 1/4 inch dice.
- 3Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium.
- 4Add the onion and potato and fry stirring regularly to ensure that nothing sticks to the pan until the mixture is nicely browned 10-15 minutes.
- 5While the potatoes are browning, seed the chiles and slice them into 1/8 inch strips.
- 6Stir them into the potato mixture, season with salt and remove from the stove and stir in the cheese.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potatoes and Green Chiles
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.5
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 295.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: