Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe from rickbayless.com. The descriptions says: "This tasty side dish also makes a great taco filling." Posting for safe keeping.
- 2 small boiling potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 medium poblano chiles, rasted and peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- Simmer the potatoes in salted water to cover until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain and cool under running water, peeld and cut into 1/4 inch dice.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium.
- Add the onion and potato and fry stirring regularly to ensure that nothing sticks to the pan until the mixture is nicely browned 10-15 minutes.
- While the potatoes are browning, seed the chiles and slice them into 1/8 inch strips.
- Stir them into the potato mixture, season with salt and remove from the stove and stir in the cheese.
This is a winner!! These are "home fries" with the added depth of poblano chiles - awesome! These are so good that DH will be bringing poblanos home just to make this dish. We will have to double this because it left the four of us who ate it wanting more! Thanks I Cook Therefore I Am!