Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was submitted by Shirley Lawrence to the Thursday magazine's issue dated Jan 6th-12th'06. A nice snack this is. You may adjust the spices to suit your palate. Enjoy!
- 1 kg potato, boiled and mashed
- 1⁄2 kg chicken, minced
- 1 teaspoon green chili paste
- 2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 3 green onions, cut into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups brown breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- oil, to fry
- In a bowl combine the mashed potatoesm 1 teaspoons salt, red chilli, corriander and garam masala powders and knead well. Keep aside.
- Place the minced chicken in a pot alongwith 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoons red chilli powder, corriander powder, black pepper powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic and green chilli pastes. Mix well and cook till water evaporates.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- Fold in green onions, corriander and mint leaves.
- Divide the potato mixture into 10 balls and fill 1 tablespoons of the prepared chicken mixture into each ball. Roll the ball into finger shape to make rolls.
- Beat eggs in a bowl.
- Dip each ball into the beaten eggs and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Deep fry the bread rolls in the oil until golden brown on either side.
- Drain on clean kitchen paper towels.
- Serve hot.