Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Use up yesterday's potatoes in this tasty dish. You'll find yourself cooking potatoes just to make these leftovers in endless variations.
- 4 cups leftover cooked potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet pepper (any colour)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3 -4 smashed garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimiento (optional) or 1⁄4 cup chopped black olives (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup bottled salad dressing, your choice, we like greek with feta
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese (match the cheese to whatever type of salad dressing you use, like french dressing with shredded ch)
- Marinate all ingredients except the 1/3 cup cheese, in salad dressing for 2 hours.
- Put marinated mixture into medium hot frypan, cover, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese and cook a further 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This is absolutely delicious with Sharp cheddar cheese and French dressing. I'm looking forward to trying other cheese and dressing combos for a totally different, but probably equally wonderful taste. Thanks for sharing this the recipe.
What a great way to use up leftover potatoes. I used Italian dressing and a 4 cheese mixture. I also added some squeezed,thawed spinach and some ham cubes. It was a great breakfast served with poached eggs.
Wonderful way to use leftover potatoes, making a totally new dish! I used ranch dressing and cheddar cheese. Actually I forgot to add the cheese and they were still amazing. We stopped supper and put the cheese on and microwaved them for a minute to get it melty. lol One of those crazy days! They tasted great even without the cheese! Did not use the optional olives and pimento either. We like our onions a little more cooked so next time I will saute them before adding the potatoes. Thanks for a great recipe!