- 4 ounces bacon, chopped
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 4 ounces button onions
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh thyme leave, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Place in a pan of salted water, bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan with the olive oil, add the onions and bacon and cook for about 5 minutes or until the bacon fat begins to run.
- Add the potatoes and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and crisp turning occasionally.
- Add the herbs, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Serve immediately.