Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wonderful French Dish! A different way to serve potatoes that my whole family just loves. Enjoy!
- 4 ounces bacon, chopped
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 4 ounces button onions
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh thyme leave, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Place in a pan of salted water, bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan with the olive oil, add the onions and bacon and cook for about 5 minutes or until the bacon fat begins to run.
- Add the potatoes and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and crisp turning occasionally.
- Add the herbs, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
Yummy home fries. I skipped the butter, and increased the chives and parsley. An enjoyable meal.
Very fresh flavor on these potatoes with all the fresh herbs. I did decrease the amount of oil/butter I used since the bacon makes so much grease. I also wasn't watching the clock when boiling my spuds so they were a little mushy, but not too bad. Made for Best of 2012 Cookbook Tag.
Oooohhhhhh la la! These potatoes were magnifique! Seriously good side dish here (so good, I could eat it as a main dish). I did let my potatoes boil longer than 5 min. which was a mistake on my part. It made my taters a bit mushy, but still tasty. I won't make that mistake again! The herb blend was perfect together and I happily grow them all in my garden! Made for ZWT8 France. Merci! P.S. This is going into my best of the best cookbook.