Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very nice, satisfying dish, "developed" by a very dear friend.
- 750 g floury potatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1500 g fresh spinach (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 150 g peas (fresh or frozen)
- 100 g cheese (montasio, asiago, cheddar, gouda, whatever you like)
- 150 g sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 dash nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter (for form)
- Cook potatoes until tender and mash/press while still hot.
- Heat 1 TB oil in a pan and add garlic.
- Let garlic fry a bit, then add chopped spinach and let wilt.
- Drain spinach of excess water and puree thoroughly.
- Add peas.
- Shred cheese and combine half of it with eggs, nutmeg and sour cream.
- Butter a casserole form and heat oven to 175°C.
- Mix potatoes, spinach-pea- and egg-cheese mixture.
- Transfer to casserole and cover with the rest of the cheese.
- Let bake for 30 minute (until golden brown) at 175°C.