Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This dish was made for me by a Bosnian friend of a friend :). I adored the taste and simplicity of the dish. True and honest comfort food.
- 400 g potatoes (in small cubes, raw)
- 250 g phyllo pastry sheets
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon allspice (more or less, according to taste)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and add small potatoe cubes. Let fry until they are crispy and brown.
- After a couple of minutes (before potatoe cubes go brown) add onion and garlic. Don't let them burn.(you can add a bit of water to prevent that from happening).
- Add allspice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Butter a dish/pyrex/ with one TB of meltet butter.
- Take one phyllo sheet, brush with meltet butter, and put another pastry sheet on top of it.
- Place potatoe filling on one end of the phyllo sheets.
- Roll up like a cigar and form a spiral.
- Do so with the rest of sheets and filling.
- Place burek spirals into form and brush with the rest of the melted butter.
- Let bake at 180°C until golden, crispy (about 15 to 20 minutes).
- Enjoy with salad and/or yoghurt sauce.