This dish was made for me by a Bosnian friend of a friend :). I adored the taste and simplicity of the dish. True and honest comfort food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a non stick pan and add small potatoe cubes. Let fry until they are crispy and brown.
- 2After a couple of minutes (before potatoe cubes go brown) add onion and garlic. Don't let them burn.(you can add a bit of water to prevent that from happening).
- 3Add allspice, salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Butter a dish/pyrex/ with one TB of meltet butter.
- 5Take one phyllo sheet, brush with meltet butter, and put another pastry sheet on top of it.
- 6Place potatoe filling on one end of the phyllo sheets.
- 7Roll up like a cigar and form a spiral.
- 8Do so with the rest of sheets and filling.
- 9Place burek spirals into form and brush with the rest of the melted butter.
- 10Let bake at 180°C until golden, crispy (about 15 to 20 minutes).
- 11Enjoy with salad and/or yoghurt sauce.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potatoe Burek - Bosnian Potatoe Spirals
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.5
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 411.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 7.1 g